Exhibit A: Scope of Work
The Feed the Future Bangladesh Improving Trade and Business Enabling Environment (FtFBITBEE) Activity aims to improve economic growth in Bangladesh through the following objectives:
- Improving Trade Facilitation;
- Improving Business Enabling Environment; and
- Promoting Best Practices in Economic Growth Activities and their Application.
This include facilitating an improved policy environment to promote sustainable economic growth and prosperity, improved regional economic cooperation, sound management of institutions, and good governance while also expanding markets for U.S. goods and services in the Indo Pacific. This activity will also address efficiency and transparency in the business enabling environment.
The FtFBITBEE Activity will develop a systemic approach to trade facilitation and improving the business enabling environment. This is premised on high level political commitment to realizing substantial reductions in trade costs and business compliance: a representative institutional mechanism spearheaded by local stakeholders driving the reform process; and high-profile time bound targets addressing: trade and business procedures and transparency; institutional strengthening; and modernization and ICT.
FtFBITBEE will deliver technical assistance and capacity building to support implement of the WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement and improve the BEE. The project will work with key public agencies, private sector stakeholders and Civil Society Organizations. Work activities will draw on best practices and regional experiences in order to build support for initiatives aimed at simplifying documentary requirements for imports and exports. The project will support strengthening technical capacity across border agencies, modernizing procedures through digitization and ICT.
The technical assistance and capacity building activities supported by FtFBITBEE will be based on an inclusive approach that integrates the gender dimension and addresses vulnerable and marginalized populations. Ensuring inclusivity is central to realizing USAID goals and objectives for the FtFBITBEE activity. Activities should seek to include and ensure representation of women, youth and other marginalized groups in public-private dialogue and advocacy efforts.
- Generate written copy for a variety of formats to aid BITBEE in telling the story of its work and impact. Written products range from social media posts to short reports to annual summaries of activities; design of one-page fact sheets and success stories.
- Co-develop (with BITBEE staff) new creative ways of disseminating reports and other written materials to increase reach and impact both Government and Private sector stakeholders.
- Increase awareness among the BITBEE’s key stakeholders as to our activities and impact across.
- Ensure all communication materials conform to the USAID approved Branding and Marking Plan.
- Review and edit all formal communications and reports to ensure BITBEE produces high quality communications materials
The Communications Expert will be responsible for the following tasks:
Specific Duties Include:
- Build a social media presence for BITBEE activities e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter;
- Write short summaries of activities and create presentations (text and images) for presentation BITBEE work to various audiences;
- Develop promotional materials that document and tell the story of the BITBEE;
- Support the formation of occasional press releases;
- Assist with preparing briefing materials, presentations, as needed;
- Engage with BITBEE partners and grantees to create and/or verify communications materials;
- Manage the publications process and timeline;
- Support communications needs for all BITBEE events:
- Support in formatting and editing the Layout and Design of all internally produced reports (electronic format)
- Image selection and editing for blogs, social media posts, etc.
The Communications Specialist will report to the COP, through regular briefings and day-to-day dialogue.
The communications Specialist will have a graduate degree in a relevant discipline and a minimum of three years of experience relevant experience including working on communication issues and/or projects. Experience of working on a USAID Project is an advantage.
The communications Specialist will be highly skilled in Microsoft Office and other relevant software and be fluent in English.